Re: Differences between Logical Decoding, Logical Replication?

От pavan95
Тема Re: Differences between Logical Decoding, Logical Replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Team,

I wanted to know the differences between "Logical Streaming Replication
Protocol", "Logical Decoding", "Physical Streaming Replication Protocol" in
detail.

I merely know that Logical Streaming protocol was built on the primitives of
physical streaming replication protocol, but I wanted to know how it does
the process in depth.

How snapshots are managed in both Logical Streaming Replication Protocol and
Logical Decoding.

Basically how a snapshot life cycle is managed by postgres in Logical
Replication?
Please let me know the main in depth architectural differences between
Logical Decoding and Logical Streaming Replication Protocol..

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Pavan

--