Re: compiling libpq++ on Solaris with Sun SPRO6U2 (fixed &

От Lee Kindness
Тема Re: compiling libpq++ on Solaris with Sun SPRO6U2 (fixed &
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:
 > Can I get a status on this?  I see Peter stated:
 >     I didn't read much farther than
 >          acc (SPARC only) is not intended  to  be  used  directly  on
 >          Solaris  2.x.

Bruce, see attached message, I think to sum things up:

 1. The patch will not harm Sun compilers which do support -Wl
 2. It will help those who do not
 3. We need to investigate which versions do/don't support the option,
    it seems odd that (my) V4 compiler does not and Denis's V6.2
    doesn't but I imagine Peter Eisentraut's does...

Looking thru the archives for 'Compiling on Solaris with Sun compiler'
should give more background.

Lee.

Lee Kindness writes:
 > Peter Eisentraut writes:
 >  > Lee Kindness writes:
 >  > > Touche, but the man page for the front-end (plain old cc) doesn't list
 >  > > options and only refers to the acc man page ;)
 >  > Well, I'm stumped.  All the Solaris compilers I've ever seen did support
 >  > and document the -Wl option.
 > Well I never submitted my patch for building using the Sun compilers
 > since I thought that the newer versions did support the -Wl
 > option - I'm using an old (version 4) Sun compiler. However it seems
 > that Denis it using revision 2 of the latest version 6 compiler!

Does the patch break Sun compilers which do accept '-Wl'? If it
doesn't it might be worthwhile to apply it so things compile out of
the box for more Sun compilers...

Otherwise it'd be useful to included/mention the patch in the Solaris
FAQ.

Regards, Lee Kindness.