Re: preload libraries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: preload libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
flickchick_one <flickchick_one@yahoo.com> writes:
>   I'm attempting to preload a shared object file (match.so) in order to create a C function in postgres that use will
useit.  To do this, I've added the following line to the postgresql.conf file:

>   preload_libraries = '/etc/postgresql/8.1/main/match.so'

>   Now when attempting to start the server, I receive the following error message:

>   Postgresql server failed to start.  Please check the log output:

>   Although the message says to check the log for additional info, and a log is created for the event, the file is
empty.

The error message is most likely going to postmaster's stderr, which
might or might not be captured by whatever logging setup you're using.
Try starting the postmaster "by hand", ie just "postmaster -D wherever",
and see if you get anything useful.

It sounds like it's probably an object-file compatibility problem, but
need the message to guess exactly what...

От: "Chris Hoover"
Сообщение: What happens on a commit?
От: "Chris Hoover"
Сообщение: Re: What happens on a commit?