Re: Out of memory error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out of memory error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
ow <oneway_111@yahoo.com> writes:
> insert into tableA
> select * from tableB
> where testdate >= '2000-01-01' and testdate <= '2002-12-31'

> What's happening is that pgSql gradually takes all (well, almost) physical and
> swap memory and then, I think, is getting killed by the kernel.

> 1) Is this normal?

No.

Perhaps you have a bunch of triggers (including foreign-key checks) on
tableA?  If so it'd probably be best to drop them temporarily.
The only reason I can think for this to eat memory is if the
pending-trigger-events queue is growing ...

Сообщение: Re: VARCHAR -vs- CHAR: huge performance difference?
Сообщение: Re: VARCHAR -vs- CHAR: huge performance difference?