Re: Help me in reducing the CPU cost for the high cost query below,as it is hitting production seriously!!

От Abbas
Тема Re: Help me in reducing the CPU cost for the high cost query below,as it is hitting production seriously!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sure thing. Base 60 or Sexagesimal is the numerical system used for measuring time (1 hour equals to 60 minutes and so on). But this case is even simpler, so without going into much detail about bases, you're mapping between two sets of numbers:

0 -> 0
.15 -> .25
.30 -> .50
.45 -> .75

From working with clocks, we know that 15 minutes is .25 hours, 30 minutes is .5 hours and so on. So you only need to divide the fractional part ( effort_hours - floor(effort_hours) ) by .6 to get what you want.

For example, let's say effort_hours = 1.15; then floor(1.15) is 1; so:

floor(1.15) + ( (1.15 - floor(1.15)) / 0.6 ) = 1 + ( (1.15 - 1) / 0.6 ) = 1 + ( 0.15 / 0.60 ) = 1.25

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask a question if it's still unclear. :)