Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet
Дата
Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet
Список pgsql-general
Igor Sosa Mayor <joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com> writes:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>> Or more to the point how where they built?

> just installed with postgresql which comes with archlinux. I did not
> built anything. But, really: I dont think the problem is plpython2u o 3:
> 1. I have in my system both and both have the same libraries (in this
>    case, geopy);
> 2. other procedures with plpython (2 or 3) which DO NOT CONNECT to the
>    internet work perfectly.

Well, that hardly proves that Python code that *does* connect to the net
would work.  The possibility that you're using a different Python version
inside Postgres and it's broken for network access is one you should take
very seriously.

However, what this smells like to me is a permissions problem.  I think
you were way too quick to dismiss the idea that SELinux (or something
just like it) is restricting outbound internet connections from Postgres.
It's standard for SELinux to be configured so that network-accessible
daemons like Postgres are locked down harder than the very same code
would be treated when being invoked from the command line --- and network
access would be one of the prime candidates to be disabled by default.

Have you poked around under /var/log/ to see if the kernel logs anything
when the connection attempt doesn't work?  For that matter, have you
checked the postmaster log to see what Postgres logs about it?

Сообщение: Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet