Re: Recovery using Online Backup+WAL and broken passwords

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recovery using Online Backup+WAL and broken passwords
Дата
Re: Recovery using Online Backup+WAL and broken passwords  (Michael Klatt <tcimk@olympus.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Klatt <lists.tcimk@olympus.net> writes:
> I love the online backup feature, but I'm encountering a problem with
> users restored from WAL files.  It seems that after a restore, the
> password for any user created since the base backup is broken.

[ thinks about that... ]  Hmm, you're right, there is no mechanism to
cause the flat password file to be rebuilt after a restore.  So newly
created users won't be in it (and for that matter it won't reflect
post-backup password changes for existing users).  Just (re)assign any
one user's password and things should be ok.

Now that I think about it, this problem exists for ordinary crash
recovery from WAL as well.  We probably ought to just forcibly rebuild
the flat file at conclusion of any recovery.  Odd that it hadn't been
noticed already.