RE: Re: Re: Storing images in PG?

От Lee Kindness
Тема RE: Re: Re: Storing images in PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Eric Ridge writes:
 > [files in or out of the DB? ]
 > For small sets of files you're probably right. When you start to
 > reach millions of files, it makes much more sense to separate
 > things.

I think it's probably got more to do with the purpose of the database
and how desirable it is to have it self contained. Many installations
just use a single database but personally the software I'm involved in
has lots of databases. It makes a lot of sense to have everything
contained in a single location so backups can be done effortlessly
using standard tools.

Lee.