Re: Re: Re: Storing images in PG?

От Gunnar Rønning
Тема Re: Re: Re: Storing images in PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* "Eric Ridge" <ebr@tcdi.com> wrote:

| If you're managing large systems things are going to be complicated,
| whether you're tracking images or chickens.  You've got to find the
| solution that will give you the most long-term flexibility, even if that
| means more complication.

True, but we actually lost some flexibility in our CMS product with this
approach as some potential customers just didn't want to buy the product
because it depended on filesystem storage for images...

The reason we went with filesystem storage in the first place was however
performance,  but I don't think we would make the same choice the next
time around...

regards,

        Gunnar
--