Re: postgresql Explain command output

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: postgresql Explain command output
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

postgresql Explain command output  ("RaviRam Kolipaka", )
 Re: postgresql Explain command output  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: postgresql Explain command output  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: postgresql Explain command output  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: postgresql Explain command output  ("RaviRam Kolipaka", )

Greg Smith <> writes:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, RaviRam Kolipaka wrote:
>> My goal is create a visual representation of the expain plan.

> This problem has been solved already by code that's in pgadmin and you
> might look at that source code for hints if you want to write your own
> implementation.

It's been solved more than once actually --- Red Hat did a "Visual
Explain" tool several years ago, which is unmaintained now but still
available for download (http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/).  I've heard
that EDB picked it up and is now maintaining their own fork, but I
don't know the status of that for sure.  That code is in Java, if it
makes a difference to you.