Re: configure datatype name > 31?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: configure datatype name > 31?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mark McEahern" <marklists@mceahern.com> writes:
> Is there a way to configure PostgreSQL to make the name field larger?

Edit src/include/postgres_ext.h to change NAMEDATALEN (keep it a
multiple of 4).  Build, install, initdb.

In current releases there are client-side dependencies on NAMEDATALEN,
so you should take care to recompile *everything*.  We are working to
remove all dependencies on NAMEDATALEN in the standard clients and
client libraries for 7.3, though.

According to recent tests there's a measurable performance hit for
large values of NAMEDATALEN, so I wouldn't recommend making it bigger
than about 100 ...