BUG #15054: intermittent error: An I/O error occured while sending tothe backend.

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #15054: intermittent error: An I/O error occured while sending tothe backend.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15054
Logged by:          Ming Chen
Email address:      czmy@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.20
Operating system:   Redhat Enterprise 6

We experienced intermittent error about "An I/O error occured while sending
to the backend" recently.

We also observed the following facts.
1. On 9.3.17, we starts to have this issue after 6000 calls (each call is a
couple of SQL queries). The chance of error is less than 0.5%.
2. After we upgrade to 9.3.18 or 9.3.20, the error happens right away (We
don't have to wait for the first 6000 calls). The chance of error is about
1%.
3. Since the error appears right away, which is less than 2 mins after
restarting Postgresql, I don't feel it is related to socket timeout (Note
that this is a RedHat system).
4. The error sometimes happened in a select statement, sometimes in an
update. I don't feel it is related the statements that we are executing.

The error detail is as follows,

Exception executing SQL "INSERT INTO .........." for task
"PreparedStatementCallback". SQLState is "08006".
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while sending to the
backend.
    at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:283)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:500)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:388)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:381)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execute(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:172)