Re: PostgreSQL Active-Active

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Active-Active
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dhandapani Shanmugam wrote:
> Do we have active-active setup in postgreSQL, like we have in oracle RAC?.
> Sorry if this question has been addressed already.
> What will be best open source HA for postgresql with zero RTO and RPO.

No, PostgreSQL does not have a shared storage cluster technology like RAC,
and I don't think it ever will: too complicated, does not scale well
(cache fusion, global SCN).

The normal way is to use physical replication with some third-party
cluster software that handles the failover.

There is *always* a short down time, but it shouldn't be more than a minute.
If you need to avoid data loss, use synchronous replication, but be aware
that it requires a low latency network, else your write throughput will
be very bad.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe