Re: Unable to connect Postgres using psql while postgres is alreadyrunning.

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Unable to connect Postgres using psql while postgres is alreadyrunning.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dinesh Chandra 12108 wrote:
> After restarting PostgreSQL Server, I am unable to connect postgres from putty, I am getting error
>
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>     Is the server running locally and accepting
>     connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> While postgres is already running and also I am able to connect databases from PGAdmin tool but not from command
prompt.

You know that a local connection only works when you are logged in
on the database machine, right?

Is your database listening on port 5432?

Connect as user "postgres" and run the following queries:

   SHOW port;
   SHOW unix_socket_directories;

That will show the port and the directories where UNIX sockets are created.

You can use a socket directory name with the -h option of psql.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe