Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
>     I've met a wierd problem on a Solaris 8/sparc box with postgresql 7.3.3:
>     the server would automatically shutdown after a period of time of not
>     operating. The log show something like this:
>     pmdie 2

Assuming signal 2 is SIGINT on Solaris (look in /usr/include/signal.h
to make sure, but that's pretty standard), this would indicate that
something is sending SIGINT to the postmaster.  The postmaster will
interpret that as a fast shutdown request.  So the problem is not with
the postmaster, but with whatever is sending the signal.

I suspect this isn't a platform problem so much as a setup mistake.
How are you launching the postmaster?  Is it possible it's still
connected to a controlling terminal?  (If so, the shell would probably
SIGINT the postmaster anytime you typed control-C.)

Сообщение: Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3
Сообщение: Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3