Re: Secured ldap connectivity between PostgreSQL and LDAPs server

От Adam Tauno Williams
Тема Re: Secured ldap connectivity between PostgreSQL and LDAPs server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 07:40 -0500, chiru r wrote:
> We are using LDAP authentication for authenticating users in
> PostgreSQL on Linux server and we are able to authenticate
> successfully.

Then one presumes you are using PAM (?) for password authentication -
this question is really about pam_ldap, it is not specific to
PostgreSQL in any way.

> Please help me i have couple of  questions to configuring LDAPS.
> 1. Which location we need to keep the LDAPs Certificate files in
> PostgreSQL Linux server ?.
> 2. Do we need to change any configuration file for certificate
> references on Linux server ? .

The server should be configured to recognize certificates signed by
whatever authority you are using - where they go to do that depends on
your distribution.  Usually that involves putting the signing
certificate somewhere like /usr/share/pki/ca-trust-source/anchors/ and
running "update-ca-trust".  If your server already recognizes your CA
you don't need to do anything other than changing PAM to use LDAPS.

> 2. What need to be changed in Postgresql.conf file and pg_hba.conf
> file ?

Nothing, PostgreSQL just calls the PAM library.  It does not care what
happens beneath that.

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010