Re: Query plans for plpgsql triggers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Query plans for plpgsql triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Eric B. Ridge" <ebr@tcdi.com> writes:
> On Mar 25, 2006, at 12:24 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is the sort of detail that you really should not omit.

> I'm now curious if complex rules can influence the planner in
> negative ways.

It's possible.  I'm not certain that that is really what you are
seeing, but it could be.

> ... However, I can try to work up a
> test case against 7.4.12 if you think it'll be beneficial.

I doubt we'd consider patching such a problem in 7.4.  At this point
the only issues that will get patched in 7.4 are security and data-loss
risks, not performance problems.

Again: demonstrating the issue in 8.1 or CVS HEAD would be a good step
towards getting people motivated to fix it.