Re: Query plans for plpgsql triggers

От Eric B. Ridge
Тема Re: Query plans for plpgsql triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mar 25, 2006, at 12:24 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> This is the sort of detail that you really should not omit.

Yeah, it didn't even occur to me until I ran the "explain execute foo
(42)" thing you suggested.  We've been using these update rules for
so long that I just think of the views as regular tables (rules are
great, btw).

> If you were using something newer than 7.4 then I'd ask for a complete
> test case so I could look into improving the behavior --- but as it
> is,
> I'd first suggest upgrading and seeing if the problem is already
> fixed.

We're working towards an upgrade to 8.1.3, and a new schema.  Both of
which will likely provide all sorts of new "behaviors."

I'm now curious if complex rules can influence the planner in
negative ways.  I don't see how they could -- I've never seen
unexpected EXPLAIN output via psql.  However, I can try to work up a
test case against 7.4.12 if you think it'll be beneficial.  It'll
take a few days and if you wanted 2 million-ish sample rows, be very
large.

eric

Сообщение: Re: Query plans for plpgsql triggers
Сообщение: Re: Query plans for plpgsql triggers