Re: Proposal for Updating CRC32C with AVX-512 Algorithm.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal for Updating CRC32C with AVX-512 Algorithm.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Amonson, Paul D" <paul.d.amonson@intel.com> writes:
> I had our OSS internal team, who are experts in OSS licensing, review possible conflicts between the PostgreSQL
licenseand the BSD-Clause 3-like license for the CRC32C AVX-512 code, and they found no issues. Therefore, including
thenew license into the PostgreSQL codebase should be acceptable.

Maybe you should get some actual lawyers to answer this type of
question.  The Chromium license this code cites is 3-clause-BSD
style, which is NOT compatible: the "advertising" clause is
significant.

In any case, writing copyright notices that are pointers to
external web pages is not how it's done around here.  We generally
operate on the assumption that the Postgres source code will
outlive any specific web site.  Dead links to incidental material
might be okay, but legally relevant stuff not so much.

От: John H
Сообщение: Re: Addressing SECURITY DEFINER Function Vulnerabilities in PostgreSQL Extensions
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: race condition in pg_class