Re: Installing Multiple Versions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Installing Multiple Versions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Rod MacNeil" <rmacneil@interactdirect.com> writes:
> I have a need to install multiple versions on my linux box (7.1.2 & 7.4.x on FC3). Both will be installed from
source.I know that they will need separate install and data directories and use sepearate ports. My question is about
thelibraries. I usually put their location in ld.so.conf. Do both of the library directories go in ld.so.conf (and in
whichorder) or just the most recent version?

For versions that far apart I think you'll need both libpq versions.  If
the .so files have distinct major version numbers (I forget where 7.1
was) then it should Just Work.  Otherwise you might want to cheat and
alter the major version number of the 7.1 .so file so it can be
installed in parallel with the newer one without problems.

От: Michael Klatt
Сообщение: Recovery using Online Backup+WAL and broken passwords
От: Gary Jackson
Сообщение: Downlevel database