Re: psqlODBC text length with no records

От Barry Bell
Тема Re: psqlODBC text length with no records
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
My issue is with the output of the ODBC driver.
The data type of the output of the ODBC driver changes if you do not have records.

You answers are the data type out of postgres directly without the ODBC driver.

You need the run the sql through the ODBC driver (which you said you are not).

Can someone else try the test sql through the ODBC driver?
SELECT initcap(vcharfield) vv FROM table (returns varchar)
vs
SELECT initcap(vcharfield) vv FROM table WHERE 1=0
Returns text

Barry Bell
Senior Developer/Analyst
Logistics
Harte Hanks
1525 NW 3rd ST
Deerfield Beach FL, 33442
954-429-3771 Ext 267 office
954-281-1464 fax

hartehanks.com / linkedin / twitter / facebook