RE: Firewall setup

От Neil Toronto
Тема RE: Firewall setup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On the other hand, you may want to secure things a little bit more.  Make
yourself an ultra-locked-down firewall (like a Linux firewall doing nothing
but IP masquerade - very nice) that disallows all incoming packets from its
routable IP, except for those destined for port 80.  Forward every
connection destined for port 80 on your firewall to port 80 on your web
server, which would be located inside the firewall along with your database
server.

Voila!  You have yourself an ultra-secure site, as long as you properly lock
down your firewall (turn off telnet, ftp, etc.).

If you need to access any other services from the outside, you can usually
just forward the correct ports - unless you're doing FTP or some other crAZy
protocol.

Neil