[GENERAL] Text search dictionary vs. the C locale

От twoflower
Тема [GENERAL] Text search dictionary vs. the C locale
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Text search dictionary vs. the C locale
Список pgsql-general
I am having problems creating an Ispell-based text search dictionary for Czech language.

Issuing the following command:

create text search dictionary czech_ispell (
  template = ispell,
  dictfile = czech_ispell,
  affFile = czech_ispell
);

ends with

ERROR: syntax error
CONTEXT: line 252 of configuration file "/usr/share/postgresql/9.6/tsearch_data/czech_ispell.affix": " . > TŘIA

The dictionary files are in UTF-8. The database cluster was initialized with

initdb --locale=C --encoding=UTF8

When, on the other hand, I initialize it with

initdb --locale=en_US.UTF8

it works.

I was hoping I could have the C locale with the UTF-8 encoding but it seems non-ASCII text search dictionaries are not supported in that case. This is a shame as restoring the dumps goes from 1.5 hour (with the C locale) to 9.5 hours (with en_US.UTF8).