Re: system indices growing huge

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: system indices growing huge
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
daniel alvarez <d-alvarez@gmx.de> writes:
> I'm observing a strange effect on a PostgreSQL installation. The system
> indices of one of the databases are growing large without obvious reason.

Standard index-bloat problem; you will find plenty about it in the
archives.  In the near term, the only thing you can do about it is
reindex pg_class and pg_attribute every so often.

The fact that those particular indexes are bloating leads me to suspect
that you are creating and dropping vast numbers of tables (temp tables
presumably).  Dunno if you can arrange to reduce your usage of temp
tables, but if you can it'll reduce the growth rate.