Re: Generate user/group sysids from a sequence?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Generate user/group sysids from a sequence?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> Have we decided it's really too difficult to remove all references to a
> given sysid when the user is dropped?

Getting at objects in other databases is considerably less practical
than anything we've discussed here.  At a minimum I think it would
require launching an additional backend to connect into each other
database.  But that is pretty ugly because then the updates in each
database are distinct transactions --- what if one fails, and you've
already committed removals in other databases?

In an ideal world we'd drop a user's objects during DROP USER, but
I don't foresee achieving that nirvana any time soon.  At least not
unless we want to change users to become local to databases.

Сообщение: Re: Generate user/group sysids from a sequence?
Сообщение: Re: Generate user/group sysids from a sequence?