Re: Generate user/group sysids from a sequence?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Generate user/group sysids from a sequence?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 14:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > Have we decided it's really too difficult to remove all references to a
> > given sysid when the user is dropped?
>
> Getting at objects in other databases is considerably less practical
> than anything we've discussed here.  At a minimum I think it would
> require launching an additional backend to connect into each other
> database.  But that is pretty ugly because then the updates in each
> database are distinct transactions --- what if one fails, and you've
> already committed removals in other databases?

Perhaps you don't allow the removal unless all databases came up clean.
You can have the db admin go in a clean up each database manually if
need be. Granted this doesn't solve getting at those other databases in
the first place, but it eliminates any transactional issues.

Robert Treat