[GENERAL] Re: Is there possibility btree_redo with XLOG_BTREE_DELETE donebetween standby_redo and the end of backup

От y39chen
Тема [GENERAL] Re: Is there possibility btree_redo with XLOG_BTREE_DELETE donebetween standby_redo and the end of backup
Дата
Ответ на Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is there possibility btree_redo with XLOG_BTREE_DELETE done between standby_redo and the end of backup  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Yeah, I figured out the point(logic). The precondition is should not have any
connections accept while recovering. It is clear to me now. Thank you very
much.

static TransactionId
btree_xlog_delete_get_latestRemovedXid(xl_btree_delete *xlrec)
{
    if (*CountDBBackends(InvalidOid)* == 0)
        return latestRemovedXid;

    /*
     * In what follows, we have to examine the previous state of the index
     * page, as well as the heap page(s) it points to.  This is only valid if
     * WAL replay has reached a consistent database state; which means that
     * the preceding check is not just an optimization, but is *necessary*. We
     * won't have let in any user sessions before we reach consistency.
     */
    if (!reachedConsistency)
            elog(PANIC, "btree_xlog_delete_get_latestRemovedXid: cannot
operate with inconsistent data");

}