Re: -d option in pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: -d option in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mija Lee <mija@scharp.org> writes:
> In previous versions of postgres (8.1, 8.0), we had problems loading
> some data from dumps that were used the copy command rather than the
> insert command. If I remember correctly, these problems were caused by
> weird characters in some of the data values. As a result, we tend to use
> the -d option with pg_dump.

As far as I can find from a quick look through the CVS logs, no
data-mangling bug in COPY has been reported or fixed since before 7.4
(at least in the mainline code --- CSV mode has had some teething pains,
but pg_dump has never used CSV mode).  The last patch I can find that
addressed any such problem was here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2003-10/msg00050.php

If you've had issues since then, you really should have filed bug
reports.