Re: IPC::Run::time[r|out] vs our TAP tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IPC::Run::time[r|out] vs our TAP tests
Дата
Re: IPC::Run::time[r|out] vs our TAP tests  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
=?utf-8?Q?Dagfinn_Ilmari_Manns=C3=A5ker?= <ilmari@ilmari.org> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> So it seems like the bug does not exist in any currently-supported
>> NetBSD release.  Debian has been known to ship obsolete libedit
>> versions, though.

> Both the current (bokworm/12) and previous (bullseye/11) versions of
> Debian have new enough libedits to not be affected by this bug:
> But in bullseye they decided that OpenSSL is a system library as far as
> the GPL is concerned, so are linking directly to readline.

> And even before then their psql wrapper would LD_PRELOAD readline
> instead if installed, so approximately nobody actually ever used psql
> with libedit on Debian.

Based on this info, I'm disinclined to put work into trying to
make the case behave correctly with that old libedit version, or
even to lobotomize the test case enough so it would pass.

What I suggest Michael do with tanager is install the
OS-version-appropriate version of GNU readline, so that the animal
will test what ilmari describes as the actually common use-case.

(I see that what he did for the moment is add --without-readline.
Perhaps that's a decent long-term choice too, because I think we
have rather little coverage of that option except on Windows.)

Сообщение: Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Сообщение: Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?