Re: [ADMIN] Postgres - Replication

От jasoninmel
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres - Replication
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] Postgres - Replication
Список pgsql-admin
Here is bit more background of the work I've done and issues around them.

What I'm looking for is an option to scale the solution to multi site
configuration where two different sites located in different geographical
locations to be able to maintain data in sync.

Currently I'm using synchronous streaming replication and one option I've
evaluated is cascading replication. Issues or concerns so far I have with
this setup are;

1. Only supports async replication
2. Automatic failover script I have built (have been using for several years
now without an issue) would 3. have to be enhanced to be intelligent to
switch to new master in primary site in the event primary fails.
4. All the standby servers including cascading standby would not allow
writes.

Happy to understand if there are implementations done by an expert in this
forum with solutions for these concerns.

Please note that I'm open for any other replication method that would allow
better scalability. One of the best option would be to have Multi-master
setup though I haven't seen any documentation around the support for such
capability by Postgres.

Thanks,
Jason