Re: "ERROR: could not read block 6 ...: read only 0 of 8192 bytes" after autovacuum cancelled

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "ERROR: could not read block 6 ...: read only 0 of 8192 bytes" after autovacuum cancelled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wonder whether we shouldn't extend this into VACUUM FULL too, to
>> prevent cancel once it's done that internal commit.  It would fix
>> the "PANIC: can't abort a committed transaction" problem V.F. has.

> Hmm, it seems to work.  The attached is for 8.1.

Looks OK, but please update the comment right before the
RecordTransactionCommit, along the lines of "We prevent cancel
interrupts after this point to mitigate the problem that you
can't abort the transaction now".