shmget failed blues on Solaris8 (pointer for Solaris FAQ)

От Dirk Lutzebaeck
Тема shmget failed blues on Solaris8 (pointer for Solaris FAQ)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Just to let you know how I wasted my time the last 3 hours on the
famous shmget failed error:

Solaris has also a minimum shared mem segment size which I had set to
200 bytes according to recommendations I found in the mail archive.
Well, until I noticed (after 3 hrs) that the postmasters initial call
in my case was 144 bytes. Bummer, I was all the time on the wrong
track by assuming the the error 'invalid argument' was because not
matching the maximum size.

Maybe someone finds this message in the mail archive later. Or
somebody please put this in the Solaris FAQ.

Dirk