Re: CREATE DATABASE vs delayed table unlink

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE DATABASE vs delayed table unlink
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matthew Wakeling <mnw21@cam.ac.uk> writes:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So I'm mystified
>> how Matthew could have seen the expected error and yet had the
>> destination tree (or at least large chunks of it) left behind.

> Remember I was running 8.3.0, and you mentioned a few changes after that
> version which would have made sure the destination tree was cleaned up
> properly.

Well, there were some fixes for the case of a SIGTERM shutdown, but
I still don't see how 8.3.0 (or any PG version for some time back)
could report the file-not-found-in-source-tree failure without having
passed through the cleanup code.

There's some possibility that it tried to clean up and got a failure
(which would be reported as a WARNING, which conceivably you didn't
note) ... but it's kind of hard to see what failure it could get from
deleting files it just created.  Is there anything weird about the
ownership/permissions on the orphaned directories and files?