Re: Too frequent warnings for wraparound failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Too frequent warnings for wraparound failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Milen A. Radev" <milen@securax.org> writes:
> I review the log every morning. In the beginning I got "wraparound
> failure" warnings every third day. But from a week I got those warnings
> every day. Well we have one table in one database where there are a lot
> of inserts, but not that many - around 30-40 thousand per day.

Are you really doing half a billion transactions a day?  Keep an eye on
age(pg_class.datfrozenxid) as suggested in the manual to see what's
going on.

It's hard to credit getting any useful work done at the rate of 10K
transactions per second, but if you have a client that is issuing a
constant stream of dummy operations (like begin/rollback) it's
conceivable that you could advance the transaction counter that fast.

Сообщение: Re: Functions and transactions
Сообщение: Re: Functions and transactions