Re: [HACKERS] SUBSCRIPTIONS and pg_upgrade

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SUBSCRIPTIONS and pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/16/17 21:04, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure about the reasoning behind requiring a flag to
> include subscriptions in pg_dump output,

One reason is that pg_subscription is only readable by a superuser, so
we can't even dump them unless we're superuser.

Also, restoring a subscription will immediately attempt to start
replication, which might be kind of surprising.

We had pondered this issue extensively during early review.  I don't
think we're all happy with the current behavior, but it's probably the
safest and easiest one for now.

Better ideas are welcome.