Shared memory estimation for postgres

От leoaaryan
Тема Shared memory estimation for postgres
Дата
Re: Shared memory estimation for postgres
Список pgsql-hackers
I am a newbie to databases and Postgres and I am trying to analyze the shared
memory being calculated and allocated by Postgres in the method
"CreateSharedMemoryAndSemaphores" for different major versions for different
postgres.conf file

My idea was to create a utility in Postgres and calll out the methods like
BufferShmemSize(), LockShmemSize() etc being used in the
CreateSharedMemoryAndSemaphores() to find the value.

Till now what I have done: I have created a new utility and am trying to
link the src/backend code to it but I'm not able to get it working
correctly.

Is there any other interest idea / way where I use a postgres.conf file to
calculate the above mentioned shared memory value ?

I have found this discussion thread from the past but haven't made much
sense to me in terms of where to look.
Old discussion thread:
http://postgresql.nabble.com/postgresql-conf-basic-analysis-tool-td1948070.html