Re: [HACKERS] foreign table creation and NOT VALID check constraints

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] foreign table creation and NOT VALID check constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> Attached is a patch.  I think this could be considered a bug-fix,
>> backpatchable to 9.6 which introduced this behavior change [1].

> I could go either way on that.  It's not inconceivable somebody could
> be unhappy about seeing this behavior change in a minor release.

FWIW, I vote with the camp that this is a clear bug and needs to be
fixed.  9.6 broke a behavior that could be relied on before that.
We do not normally hesitate to fix regressions in minor releases.

(That's not a vote for the patch as submitted; I haven't reviewed it.
But we need to fix this.)