Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR potentially broken in 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Is this related at all to the problem discussed over at
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2012-11/msg00709.php
>> ?  The conclusion-so-far in that thread seems to be that an error
>> ought to be thrown for recovery_target_time earlier than the
>> backup stop time, but one is not getting thrown.

> It is not directly related.  That thread was about 9.1.6.

> In the newly fixed 9_2_STABLE, that problem still shows up the same as
> it does in 9.1.6.

> (In 9.2.1, recovery sometimes blows up before that particular problem
> could be detected, which is what lead me here in the first place--that
> is the extent of the relationship AFAIK)

> To see this one, follow the instructions in my previous email, but set
> recovery_target_time to a time just after the end of the
> pg_start_backup checkpoint, rather than just before it, and turn on
> hot_standby

I tried to reproduce this as per your directions, and see no problem in
HEAD.  Recovery advances to the specified stop time, hot standby mode
wakes up, and it pauses waiting for me to do pg_xlog_replay_resume().
But I can connect to the standby and do that.  So I'm unsure what the
problem is.

Сообщение: Re: extension installation faillure using VPATH and MODULEDIR
Сообщение: Re: extension installation faillure using VPATH and MODULEDIR