Re: Parallel query only when EXPLAIN ANALYZEd

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Parallel query only when EXPLAIN ANALYZEd
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 1 October 2016 at 05:47, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Somebody will need to trace through this on Windows and see where it's
>> going off the rails.

> I tried the test case on 9.6.0 on a Windows 8.1 machine, and it works
> fine for me.

Hm, but if we assume that EXPLAIN ANALYZE is somehow affecting the
behavior, it's entirely plausible that having auto_explain active
would have the same effect.

Please try it without auto_explain, and just rely on noting the runtime
with psql's \timing to infer whether workers were active or not.