Re: Providing libpq explicitly

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: Providing libpq explicitly
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Craig,

On Mon, 2016-10-10 at 15:20 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I'd argue that such packages are simply incorrectly packaged. There's
> no such thing as "libpq 9.1".

Well, this actually "works". This means "libpq provided by PostgreSQL 9.1
RPMs", for example, and prevents users to be able to install PostgreSQL < 9.0:

           Requires: libpq.so >= 9.0
           Available: postgresql-libs-8.4.20-6.el6.i686 (base)
               libpq.so = 8.4.20-6.el6
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem.

> They should be using rpm's automatic library dependencies to ensure
> that dependency, and shouldn't declare an explicit dependency.

Then, they would need to generate RPMs for each PostgreSQL version just for
this piece, and it creates other problems.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Providing libpq explicitly
Сообщение: Re: Providing libpq explicitly