Re: slow down on UPDATE using IN statements

От
Тема Re: slow down on UPDATE using IN statements
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Is the query below any different from what you are trying to accomplish.

 UPDATE requisicao SET conclusao='3' WHERE  now()-data>'15 days' ;

if you want to use the exact query more efficiently you may rewrite
using EXISTS as

UPDATE requisicao AS a SET conclusao='3' WHERE
EXISTS (select * from requisicao where reg=a.reg and
now()-data>'15  days' ) ;

Best Regards
Mallah.

> Hi there,
>
> I was in troubles with a UPDATE+IN statement:
>
> The following command use to take about 5 minutes to
> be done:
>
> UPDATE requisicao SET conclusao='3' WHERE reg IN
> (SELECT reg FROM requisicao WHERE now()-data>'15
> days');
>
> The table 'requisicao' has only about 400 lines (!!).
>
> If I change it to:
>
> UPDATE requisicao SET conclusao='3' WHERE reg IN (12,
> 45, 87, 98, 129, 350, 389);
>
> I have detected that the major problem isn't in the
> amount of lines changed, but in the subselect.
>
> How can I solve/optimize it? I would like to use the
> IN, but in the last case I would make a software
> change.
>
> Thanks in advance and
> Best regards,
>
> Marcelo Pereira
> Brazil
>
> Yahoo! Mail - o melhor webmail do Brasil
> http://mail.yahoo.com.br

> checked our extensive FAQ?

Over 1,00,000 exporters are waiting for your order! Click below to get
in touch with leading Indian exporters listed in the premier
trade directory Exporters Yellow Pages.
http://www.trade-india.com/dyn/gdh/eyp/