Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Дата
Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-general
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> I think it must be compiled 64-bit, or he'd not be able to get
>> shared_buffers that high to start with.

> I'm not so sure..  He has it as '4000MB', which would leave 96M free,
> which doesn't seem that far from where his query is ending up at based
> on the memory info he provided and the size of the sorts being done.
> The ulimit is certainly something else to check tho.

Hmm ... a gig here, a gig there, pretty soon you're talking about real
memory?  He's got several sorts and hashes that are each taking over
100MB according to the memory context dump, so it seems impossible that
it all fits into a strict 32-bit address space.  There's surely no harm
in double-checking the executable's file type though.

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on SELECT in 8.3.5