Re: [HACKERS] Anyone for prettyprinted EXPLAIN VERBOSE?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Anyone for prettyprinted EXPLAIN VERBOSE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Actually, something unrelated (must have been the notices popping up in
> the regression tests) led me to the idea of redirecting notice output into
> the regular query output channel in psql, which would make it subject to
> the pager if you have one set up. That would help those complaining about
> 100s of lines coming down their terminal. On my todo list.

This may be a bad idea.  There are many people who use psql in shell
scripts, and for them it is critical that non-data messages like NOTICEs
get sent to stderr, *not* mixed in with query results on stdout.

If you can arrange to page stderr output, cool...

Сообщение: Re: pgindent (Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on)t
Сообщение: Re: pgindent (Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on)