Re: [HACKERS] Anyone for prettyprinted EXPLAIN VERBOSE?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Anyone for prettyprinted EXPLAIN VERBOSE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1999-12-18, Tom Lane mentioned:

> (Actually, it's not clear to me why the postmaster log should get
> these entries at all; for the most part it's just waste of log
> space to send EXPLAIN outputs to the log...)

Maybe it shouldn't be a notice in the first place?

Actually, something unrelated (must have been the notices popping up in
the regression tests) led me to the idea of redirecting notice output into
the regular query output channel in psql, which would make it subject to
the pager if you have one set up. That would help those complaining about
100s of lines coming down their terminal. On my todo list.