Re: 7.4.3 & 8.0.0beta1 + Solaris 9: default pg_hba.conf breaks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4.3 & 8.0.0beta1 + Solaris 9: default pg_hba.conf breaks
Дата
Re: 7.4.3 & 8.0.0beta1 + Solaris 9: default pg_hba.conf  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I thought the report was that *only* 255.255.255.255 failed. The
> question is why?

The impression I got was that some internal subroutine of getaddrinfo
had a broken error-handling convention (ie, "return a numeric address
value or -1 on error").

> And would changing the hints passed to getaddrinfo_all
> improve matters (e.g. by filling in the ai_family with the value from
> the addr structure we already have)?

Seems unlikely.  I suppose you could argue that we shouldn't be using
getaddrinfo on the netmask field at all; there's certainly not any value
in doing a DNS lookup on it, for instance.  Maybe we should go back to
using plain ol' inet_aton for it?  (Nah, won't handle IPv6...)