Re: Unable to connect to 9.5 via JDBC driver 1207

От rob stone
Тема Re: Unable to connect to 9.5 via JDBC driver 1207
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, 2016-02-04 at 09:11 +0100, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Thomas Kellerer schrieb am 02.02.2016 um 21:10:
> > I am currently not in the office, but I will see if I can reproduce
> > that tomorrow.
>
> I tried to reproduce this, but unfortunately I couldn't. And the
> server logs are also
> no longer available (being just a development/test database)
>
> One thing that might be interesting: the database was migrated from
> 9.4 to 9.5 using pg_upgrade
>
> As I can't reproduce this any longer, I'm fine with just disposing
> this as "probably a user error"
>
> Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Yes, it was just a "user error".
I'd compiled 9.5rc1 and was testing it out.
Weeks later I downloaded the deb binaries so as to have an "official"
version but overlooked pg_hba.conf changes.
Thus the JDBC connection failed.

So my understanding of this is that it looks up the IP address of
"localhost" and then trawls thru pg_hba.conf looking for an entry
containing that IP address, and if it exists, try the connection,
otherwise throw an error.

Cheers,
Robert