Re: Searching for a supposedly resolved bug report

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Searching for a supposedly resolved bug report
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Eade <seade@backstagetech.com.au> writes:
> Environment: PostgreSQL 7.3.10-RH, RHEL3
>     PANIC: open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0058 failed: No such file
> or directory

> I am wondering if anyone can point me to the supposedly fixed bug that
> would have caused this (is it just me or is it difficult to find
> specific bugs using the mailing list - is there an issue tracker
> somewhere?)  It would be nice to know how to avoid this in the future.

I suppose Neil is thinking of this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-10/msg00464.php

which is in fact fixed as of 7.3.8 --- but if you'd updated a pre-7.3.8
installation to 7.3.10 then damage from a previous triggering of the bug
could possibly still be lurking.

Or you could have been bit by something else that happens to have a
similar-looking symptom.  There's not enough info here to say.