Re: [HACKERS] Simmultanous Connections (fwd)

От Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Simmultanous Connections (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karl DeBisschop writes:> Sounds like she may looking at postgres in PHP - at least PHP uses> that temporary and
permanantconnection concept.  My experience is> that PHP persistent connections are not worth it - the time to>
establisha new connection is pretty small, and stale connections can> cause problems.> > >   2. I saw in the Q&A that
torun more than 32 simmultanous connects could> >   be a big drain on our re-> >       sources. Our  Linux boxes , in
general,are Intel 166 to 500s, 128MG> >   of RAM and 6.2 to 13 GIG.> >       Can anyone tell me roughly how much
resourcesper connection does> >   PostgreSQL use?> > If an idle psql connection is left open, we're looking at about 1
MB>RAM plus 4MB swap on my linux box.> > As I noted above, I'd generally recommend against persistent> connections when
thereare more than a few users.

 As an example, I have systems with 2 or 3 hundred simultaneos
connections and besides being short time connections it's impossible to
have 200 or 300 backends running at the same time. In this case, I had to create a proxy to use few connections. I have

AF_INET and AF_UNIX versions.
 []'s

Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
Linux User: 76186  Kernel: 2.3.36