Re: Database consistency checker

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Database consistency checker
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Richard Harris" <Richard_Harris@adp.com> writes:
> <P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Does PosgreSQL has a capability to check t=
> he internal consistency of tables and and indexes, i.e., a tool like the DB=
> CC capability in MS SQL Server? If so, where is it documented?</FONT></P>

(Please don't use HTML in postings to the PG lists.)

We do not have any automatic database verifiers.  In general there are
no known repeatable failure modes in Postgres, and thus not a lot of
scope for tools that look for such errors ... we prefer to spend our
development efforts on making the system bulletproof in the first place ;-)