Re: A few string fixed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A few string fixed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> writes:
> while translating the new PostgreSQL 9.3 strings I've found a couple
> questionable. Patches attached.

Hmm ... I agree with the MultiXactId->MultiXactIds changes, but not with
this one:

> -                           errhint("To make the view updatable, provide an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule
oran INSTEAD OF DELETE trigger.")));

> +                           errhint("To make the view deletable, provide an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule
oran INSTEAD OF DELETE trigger.")));

We use the phrase "updatable view", we don't say "deletable view"
(and this usage is also found in the SQL standard).  We could possibly
make the message say "To make the view updatable in this way", or
"... for this purpose", but that seems a bit long-winded to me.